Give this recipe a try. You may utilize the entire beet plant; roots, stems and greens. The beets are roasted then pureed with goat cheese for a creamy ruby-red spread. The greens and stems are sautéed with olive oil and garlic for the topping.
Recipe by: Eating Well
- 1 bunch beets with greens attached, (see Tip)
- 16½-inch-thick slices baguette, preferably whole-grain, cut on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, or red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
4 ounces creamy goat cheese
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Click here to view full recipe and directions >>>
*The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.