This is the perfect autumn salad. Roasted squash paired with berries, arugula, and goat cheese, then drizzled with olive oil and a touch of apple cider vinegar. It’s satisfying in every way!
Recipe by: Amy Chaplin with Epicurious
- 1 medium acorn squash (1 1/2 lb), quartered lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/3″ slices
- 1 medium delicata squash (1 lb), halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/3″ slices
- 2 tbsp plus 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tsp unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup cooked wheat berries, drained, cooled
- 2 oz small red or green mustard leaves (about 4 cups, loosely packed)
- 2 oz arugula leaves (about 4 cups, loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red pearl onions or shallots
- 4 oz aged goat cheese, rind removed, shaved
- 1/4 cup Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
For full recipe click here.
The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.