This soup is just heavenly. It’s packed with fresh ingredients, unique flavors, and all kinds of nutrients.
Recipe by: Claire Saffitz with Bon Appetit
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated, divided
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for serving
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for serving
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups dried navy beans, soaked overnight, drained
- 8 ounces feta, preferably in brine, brine reserved, cheese crumbled
- 4 large sprigs basil, plus leaves for serving
- 1 cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted, torn
- 1 head of escarole, leaves torn into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 (1-inch–thick) slices country-style bread
For full recipe click here.
The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.