This soup is hearty, full of flavor, and loaded with vitamins and minerals. It’s filling and satisfying but not too heavy for these warmer spring days. Be sure to shop our marketplace for Kandarian Farms brown lentils and Wind Dance Farms EVOO!
Recipe by: Martha Rose Shulman from Cooking NY Times
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, half of it chopped, half sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ pound lentils (brown, green, or beluga), rinsed and picked over
- 3 ½ cups water (more as needed)
- 1 dried red chile
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- 6 ounces waxy potatoes, scrubbed and sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 ½ pounds green cabbage (1 medium head), cored and cut crosswise in 3/4-inch wide ribbons
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan for serving (optional)
For full recipe click here.
*The featured image is a stock photo by Whitney meant to represent this recipe.