Cod comes to life in delicious fashion, cooked with a bit of paprika, shallots, tomato, and dill.
Prep Time 10 minutes; Cook time 10 minutes
- 2 six-oz Alaskan cod fillets, cut in half to make 4 three-oz portions
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika (regular will do)
- 1/2 tsp salt (ideally, smoked sea salt)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 24 green onions, sliced into 4-inch pieces
- 1 tsp organic extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- 16 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill leaves (or 1/8 cup dried dill)
- 3 cups cooked brown or black rice
- Mix paprika, smoked salt, and pepper.
- Evenly season Alaska cod fillets. Reserve.
- Over medium-high heat, heat a flat-bottomed skillet (preferably cast iron)
- Once hot, place onions in pan to slightly char-cook the outside. Remove and place onto four plates.
- Add seasoned cod to oiled skillet.
- Cook cod portions for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, and plate atop scallions.
- Finish plate with tomatoes, dill, and side of brown rice.