Kacey’s savory sauces are an incredible vegan alternative to traditional cheeses. The Original Queso is a wonderful addition in this scalloped potato recipe. This is just one of many ways to put these savory sauces to good use!
Recipe by: Kacey Skinner from Kacey Cakes
Yields 4 servings. Prep time 10 minutes. Cook Time 45-50 minutes.
- 4-5 Russet Potatoes
- 1/4 large white onion
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 32 oz Kacey Queso
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thinly slice potatoes and onions.
- Combine potatoes, onion, oil, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir to evenly coat.
- In a medium stock pot, heath queso over medium-low heat. Stirring frequently.
- Grease a 13x9in casserole dish with avocado oil.
- Layer the potatoes and onions evenly in casserole dish. Add small layer of queso and repeat layering until finished. Be sure to reserve enough queso to pour over top fully covering.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.