Still have some squash on hand? Looking for a healthy way to use it up? Wanting to incorporate some of this week’s veggies? This roasted squash arugula recipe is for you! Use the ingredients below and add in some extras like avocados, brussels, and kale!
Recipe from: Minimalist Baker
- 1 medium acorn quash (or similar winter squash // pick one with green and orange skin)
- 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 pinch each salt and black pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium shallots (thinly sliced)
- 3 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1/8 tsp each sea salt
- ~2 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil (for cooking – if avoiding oil, omit and use a non-stick pan)
- 1/4 cup vegan macadamia nut cheese (or similar store-bought)
- 2 Tbsp roasted or raw pepitas (we preferred roasted)
- 5-6 cups arugula
- 2 Tbsp dried currants (or other dried fruit, such as cranberries)
For full recipe click here.
*The featured image is a free stock photo meant to represent this dish.