Massaged Kale Salad
This recipe knows just how to spice up that bunch of kale you’ve got sitting in your fridge! Kale is one of the healthiest greens out there, so making sure it’s a part of your regular diet is pretty important. But you’ve also have to make sure it tastes good! And that’s exactly where this salad excels. It’s loaded with all sorts of yummy flavors and textures like avocado, sun dried tomatoes, capers, fresh basil, pumpkin seeds and more. To give it an extra kick it’s topped with a vegan version of honey mustard dressing.
Massaged kale salad recipe by: Gaz Oakley from Avant Garde Vegan
- 200g Kale, washed, stems removed & torn into bite sized pieces
- 3 tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 tbs Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 tbs Good Quality Olive Oil
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Pinch Dried Chilli Flakes
- Half Avocado, cubed
- 5 Sun-dried Tomatoes, cut small
- 2 tbs Capers, chopped small
- 2 Spring Onions, chopped small
- Handful Fresh Basil, torn
- 2 tbs Pumpkin Seeds
- Small Handful Macadamia Nuts, chopped small
- 1 cup/200g Cooked Wild Rice/Quinoa/Barley (optional to make it more substantial)
- Alfalfa Sprouts (optional)
For full Massaged Kale Salad recipe click here.
Visit our recipe box for more yumminess.