It can be a little tricky cooking with purple carrots. They’re delicious, but try incorporating them in a dish and the whole thing becomes an unpleasant, dull purple hue. But if you make them the star of the show, like in this creamy purple soup, you get a dazzling meal that looks like it comes straight from a unicorn wonderland.
Recipe from: Piper Nigrum at Food52
- 1 kg ( 2.2 lbs) Purple Carrots
- 2 Red onions
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 250 milliliters (1 cup) Beef stock (or vegetable stock or water)
- 200 milliliters (6.8 oz) Double cream
- 20 milliliters (4 tsp) Brandy
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh coriander leaves (or Parsley)
For full recipe click here.
*The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish. By Dmitry Dzema