Most people roast their turnips, grate them in a salad– and I think that’s kind of it. Because who would think of turning them into a meatless meatball?? Ashley Madden of Rise Shine Cook! That’s who. And what a beautiful idea it is. This is such a fun way to move turnips over to main dish category, rather than always having them hang out on the side of your plate.
Recipe from: Ashley Madden at Rise Shine Cook
- ½ cup raw buckwheat groats
- 1 small yellow onion, small diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups grated turnip (~1 small-medium turnip)
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked or canned)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ cup finely chopped kale
- ¼ cup rolled oats (gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For full recipe click here.
*The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.