This grape salad recipe is easy to make and takes minutes to put together. Each bite will be bursting with juicy red and green grapes while being wrapped in creamy delicious cool whip and cream cheese fluff. Top with a sprinkle of brown sugar and pecans and enjoy. Time and time again I try to make things that are fancy or require hours in the kitchen just because I think they will turn out better than something quick and easy, but this grape salad recipe proves me wrong. Delicious comes in simplicity and in creaminess with lots of fluff bursting with grapes.
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes
- 2 cups cool whip
- Brown sugar to garnish optional
- Pecans whole or chopped to garnish, optional
In a large mixing bowl beat, cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and cool whip. Fold in grapes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve then garnish with brown sugar and pecans.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST GRAPE SALAD:
- Make sure to wash and pat dry your grapes so the water doesn’t get into the salad.
- Stem your grapes and set aside until ready to use them.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature to avoid getting lumps.
- If you want to make a “lighter” version of this salad, you can use 1/3 less fat cream cheese, fat free cool whip and light sour cream (don’t use fat free, it will turn out too runny).
- You can also add less sugar. Try adding it one Tablespoon at a time, beating it in and tasting it to see if it is sweet enough. You can always add more, you can’t take it away.
- You can always add in additional fruit, such a kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, or bananas.
- You can make this grape salad ahead of time and keep it covered in your refrigerator for up to 8 hours before serving.
- If you are not a fan of pecans you can omit the nuts all