Marshmallow topped yams is undeniably a delicious traditional Thanksgiving side, but if your party is ready for some less traditional treats this one is for you! It’s still deliciously sweet and mouth-watering, but instead of marshmallows it’s topped with apples, walnuts, and cranberries, making for a vibrant, fruit-filled dish.
- 2 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (17 ounce) cans yams, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.