Cranberry Apple Yam Bake is a wonderful alternative to marshmallow-topped yams. This yam side dish will be the new favorite recipe. The tart of both granny smith apples and cranberries with the sweet yams and walnuts in a cinnamon sauce is simply amazing.
Prep time: 10 MINUTES Cook time: 45 MINUTES Total time: 55 MINUTES
- 2 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (17 ounce) cans yams, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray lightly.
- Mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon together.
- Next places a layer of apples and yams on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle on a little bit of the brown sugar mixture.
- Top with some of the cranberries and nuts.
- Dot that layer with half of the butter. Then repeat doing the layers again.
- Once you have all together drizzle the heavy cream over the top of the dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Take out the oven, serve it up and ENJOY!
The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.