I discovered this recipe on The Splendid Table last week, and oh my did it have my mouth watering as I listened to Ashley Moore beautifully describe the lovely flavors of this delicate spring recipe. Cooking veggies low and slow brings out a unique set of flavors that pair wonderfully with this savory, yet zesty and light braising liquid.
Recipe from: Ashley Moore from America’s Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced into thin rings
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 10 radishes, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
For full recipe click here.
*The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.