This is a simple, classic, and oh so satisfying meal that everyone loves. You can easily toss all the ingredients in the slow cooker before work and come home to absolutely delicious and hearty dinner. What a great way to wind down from the day.
As a side note, we know this recipe calls for yukon gold potatoes, but SLO Veg thinks fingerlings would make a great substitute. Fingerlings are an heirloom variety of potatoes with a distinct nutty flavor that tastes great in a roast!
Recipe from: Cooking Classy
- 1 (3 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion , coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can beef broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine (optional)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes , cleaned then diced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 medium carrots , peeled and chopped into 1 1/2-inch pieces
For full recipe click here.
*The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.