A sweet honey mustard dressing drizzled over spicy kohlrabi stems and the unique anise-like flavor of fennel paired with apple slices, walnuts and blue cheese. This salad is so good it’ll even have all the non-salad eaters out there excited to give it a try.
Recipe by: Dishing up the Dirt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium-small kohlrabies (about 1 1/4 pounds), stems and greens discarded (save for another use) peeled and sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 medium sized fennel bulb, stems removed (save for another use) and very thinly sliced (a mandolin works well here) reserve a few fronds for serving
- 1 honey crisp apple (or another sweet apple), sliced into thin matchsticks (no need to peel)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped and toasted
- 1/4 cup good quality blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
For full recipe click here.