This is a fun and unique appetizer by a man who perfected the technique of frying squash during his 20 years in Tuscany. It’s slightly sweet, light, and perfect for your next get together!
Recipe by: Richard Betts
- Vegetable or peanut oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups seltzer or club soda, chilled
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds kabocha squash or sugar pumpkin—peeled, seeded and cut into 1/8-inch-thick wedges
- 1/2 cup sage leaves
- Flaky sea salt and lemon wedges, for garnish
For full recipe click here.