Prep Time: 20 mins / Cook Time: 20 mins / Total Time: 40 minutes / Yield: 4 servings
Mayo-free, healthy broccoli slaw recipe with quinoa, toasted almonds and basil tossed in a tangy honey-mustard dressing! This gluten-free slaw will be a hit at potlucks and packs well for lunch, too. For best flavor, plan on letting the slaw rest for 20 minutes or more before serving. Recipe yields about 4 servings.
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 1 ½ pounds broccoli (about 2 large or 3 medium heads) or 16 ounces shredded broccoli slaw
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or more lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, optional (for heat)
MAKE IT NUT FREE: I bet sunflower seeds would be a great alternative to the almonds.
STORAGE SUGGESTIONS: This salad keeps well overnight. Brighten up leftovers with a squeeze of lemon juice and maybe an extra drizzle of olive oil and dash of salt, tooINSTRUCTIONS:
*The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.