Celery root (aka celeriac), is probably one of the least pretty vegetables out there. But don’t let it’s appearance fool you — you can make some truly delicious dishes with it! Take this potato and celery root gratin for example. I’m drooling just looking at the picture.
Recipe from: Williams Sonoma
- Unsalted butter for baking dish
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/16 inch thick
- 1 1/2 lb. celery root, peeled and sliced 1/16 inch thick
- 4 oz. Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh chives or flat-leaf parsley (optional)
For full recipe click here.
*The featured image is a free stock photo meant to represent this dish.