Fava beans are an ancient member of the pea family. They’re buttery, nutty, and are absolutely delightful in this pasta primavera. This dish is creamy, full of flavor, light, and oh so delicious.
Recipe from: Dawn Perry at Bon Appetit
- 3 spring onions, bulbs and stems separated, thinly sliced
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup shelled fresh fava beans (from about 1 pound pods) or frozen fava beans, thawed
- ½ bunch asparagus, sliced into ¼”-thick pieces
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 ounces morel or crimini mushrooms, halved if large
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
For full recipe click here.