- 4 heads fresh broccoli ~4 & 1/2 – 5 cups
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup toasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 1 package (8 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup full-fat mayo
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar depending on sweetness preference
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon poppyseeds
Remove the stems from the broccoli and cut into very small pieces. IF you want to blanch the broccoli follow the next few steps. If you’re short on time or don’t mind raw broccoli you can skip blanching.
Fill up a bowl with very cold water and a few cupfuls of ice. Bring a pot of water to boiling point. Add in a heaping tablespoon of salt.
- Pour the broccoli into the boiling water and count to 30. As soon as you get to 30 drain the broccoli and pour the broccoli into your prepared ice/water bath.
- Allow the broccoli to sit in the cold water until completely cooled. Then remove with a slotted spoon to a salad spinner or bowl.
Make sure the broccoli is 100% dried