With ingredients like coffee, maple syrup, and bourbon this dish stands apart from more traditional Thanksgiving sides, but it is sure to wow your guests this holiday season.
Recipe by: Victoria Granof with Epicurious
- 1 1/2 cups strong hot coffee
- 9 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (about 8 medium), peeled, cut into 2 1/2″-3″ pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped smoked almonds (or toasted almonds)
For full recipe click here.
The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.