Positively loaded with garlic and spices – please don’t forget the fresh, un-buttered bread, you will definitely need it! Normally served as an entree, this recipe makes enough for two main meal servings.
- 18-20 king prawns heads discarded peeled deveined tails intact
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 50 g unsalted butter cubed room temperature
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1/4 tsp chilli crushed
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2 lemon large juiced
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 pinches black cracked pepper
- STEP 1 Preheat oven to 200C.
- STEP 2 Line cast iron pots with prawns and squeeze lemon juice over.
- STEP 3 In a small frying pan, heat the oil and butter, and add garlic.
- STEP 4 While sauteing the garlic, add chilli, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper.
- STEP 5 Mix well and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- STEP 6 Pour garlic sauce over the prawns and place lids on pots.
- STEP 7 Place in oven for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- STEP 8 Serve with crusty bread rolls.
If using cast iron pots for the first time, follow the cleaning and maintenance instructions (you’ll see why it’s important to clean and oil them first, when you start doing it!).
If you don’t have cast iron pots, you could easily make this dish in the pan; just saute the prawns for a few minutes along with the already-heated sauce including lemon juice, on high until cooked through, and transfer to a pre-warmed dish before serving. There will be some sauce left over.