This pumpkin soup is just to die for. It’s creamy and savory with just a tad bit of sweetness and will surely have you ready to embrace the colder weather that’s upon us.
Recipe by: Minimalist Baker
- 2 sugar pumpkins (2 pumpkins yield ~2 1/4 cups (450 g) pumpkin puree)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (or sub water if oil-free)
- 2 medium shallots (diced // 2 shallots yield ~1/4 cup or 40 g)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced // 3 cloves yield ~1 1/2 Tbsp or 9 g)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (DIY or store-bought)
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk (or sub other non-dairy milk with varied results)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar (or honey if not vegan)
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt, black pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg
GARLIC KALE SESAME TOPPING (optional)
- 1 cup roughly chopped kale
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp raw sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
For full recipe click here.
*The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.