At a loss as to what to do with all the citrus you’ve been getting in your boxes? Make smoothies! It’s such a simple way to make sure your fruit isn’t going to waste. It’s nutrient dense and sweet enough to be considered dessert. It’s a win-win.
Recipe from: Kathy Patalsky of Healthy Happy Life
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup non-dairy milk, plain
- 1/3 cup non-dairy yogurt, vanilla or plain
- 1 Tbsp raw cashews
- 2 medium satsumas, peeled (Use 3 if smaller sized)
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries, organic
- 1 large frozen banana (or 1 1/2 small)
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of sea salt
- Optional: a few ice cubes, only use if you need a frostier texture…
- pinch of satsuma zest, blend in and also use as garnish on top of the smoothie!
For full recipe click here.
*The featured image is a free stock photo meant to represent this recipe.