Has anyone ever tried mashed turnips? Now is the time! This dish is creamy, savory, and the crispy shallots sprinkled on top add an extra touch of deliciousness!
Recipe by: Ina Garten with Food Network
- 1 1/2 cups light olive or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 to 6 shallots, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 2 large yellow turnips (rutabagas), about 4 pounds total
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For full recipe click here.
The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.