Korean-style bok choy is a quick and easy 10-minute veggie side dish that is hearty, healthy, and full of Korean flavors!
PREP TIME: 5 mins COOK TIME: 5 mins TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
- 12 ounces bok choy
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp gochujang (depending on your heat level)
- ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- Remove stems from bok choy and discard.
- Make a cornstarch slurry by combining the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, cornstarch, and water together and set aside.
- Bring 8 cups of water + ½ tsp salt to rolling boil. Then add bok choy for 40 seconds only.
- Remove from water and blanch in cold ice water bath to stop cooking process and strain.
- Add 1 Tbsp cooking oil (vegetable, canola, grapeseed, peanut), garlic, and gochujang to wok or pan BEFORE turning on stove top. Then turn on to medium heat. Without burning the garlic, gently mix the garlic and gochujang together to season the oil (approx 30 sec)
- Add the bok choy and stir-fry together for 2 minutes. Then add the cornstarch slurry and combine together for 20 seconds.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately