Try this Indian version of Fried Cabbage for the perfect side dish – easy, spicy, and chock full of flavor! We love adding some peas, tomatoes, and potatoes for a more hearty version. If you’ve always had fried cabbage the southern way, with loads of bacon, it’s really time to switch things up a bit. This vegetarian version doesn’t need a long list of spices or ingredients, but is extremely delicious and will never make you miss the bacon. I mean, who doesn’t love a clean version of a recipe which has no processed ingredients, no bacon – just pure plant based flavors.
- 1 Head Cabbage, shredded or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 inch Ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Paprika Powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh Green Peas
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and ginger. Saute for a minute and add cabbage, paprika, coriander powder and salt.
- Mix well, and add 1/4 cup water.
- Cover the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes till the cabbage is fork tender.
- Add in the green peas and cook for another minute or too. Serve hot.