This delicious guava placed skewer recipe is easy to make and the perfect recipe for the grill.
- FOR THE CHICKEN SKEWERS
- 4 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- Oscar Mayer bacon cut into squares
- 1 cup Kraft Barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup of gava paste cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of chipotle adobo sauce
- 6 skewers
- kosher salt
- freshly crushed blacked pepper
- FOR THE SALSA
- 2 tablespoons of Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 5 slices of fresh pineapple
- 2 hass avocados cut into cubes
- 2 roma tomatoes cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cut cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In small saucepan, combine guava paste, BBQ sauce and chipotle.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring with fork, until guava paste dissolves and sauce is smooth, about 5 minutes. If sauce is too thick add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Alternate threading the chicken cubes and the bacon on the skewers and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers on the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Brush sauce evenly over chicken.
- Cook for two more minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp but