Fresh Green Bean Salad with Balsamic Dressing
This fresh green bean salad with balsamic dressing is so bright and fresh and flavorful. It is the perfect summer side dish.
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes includes chilling time Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed if desired
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2-3 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 6-8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Cook green beans until tender, 5-10 minutes. While they cook, prepare a large bowl with an ice water bath. Immediately drain the beans into a colander (or scoop them out with a slotted spoon) and place the drained beans in the ice water for a few minutes to stop the cooking. This will keep them bright green and perfectly tender.
- Drain the beans and pat them dry. Toss them in a b