Did you know that this was the dish served at Abraham Lincoln’s inaugural dinner?! It’s a fun, simple Irish-American meal perfect for your St. Patty’s Day celebration. It’s a salty and savory dish that will enhance the flavors of any side dish.
Recipe from: Evelyn Kenney with Taste of Home
- 1 corned beef brisket (about 4 pounds) with spice packet
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3-1/2 pounds small potatoes (10-15), peeled
- 8 medium carrots, halved crosswise
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons Kerrygold butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups reserved cooking juices from corned beef
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup horseradish
MUSTARD SAUCE (optional):
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
For full recipe click here.
The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.