This mouthwatering dish is recommended by one of our own at SLO Veg, Bartimeaus. He just so happens to be a trained chef, so we know this is one is gonna be worth trying. It’s a little unique, in that it’s not very saucy like most people are used to, but it’s got great flavor. If you’re looking to impress your friends and family with a surprisingly simple and scrumptious recipe this one is for you!
Recipe from: Chris Morocco from Bon Appetit
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 chicken legs, drumsticks and thighs separated
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods, cracked
- 2 star anise pods
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Chopped cilantro and chives (for serving)
For full recipe click here.
*The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.